Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kelly Ripa toasts Michael Strahan's 'bittersweet' last episode



Michael Strahan said farewell to Live With Kelly and Michael Friday morning with a muted sendoff that featured little talk of his departure and only a few brief clip packages of him and co-host Kelly Ripa's best moments.
He was also played off with music as he gave his final farewell at the end of show. 

'I just want to say this is very bittersweet to me and I just want to say thank you to everybody,' said Strahan.

'I mean, it's amazing you guys have let me into your homes for four years, every day. And I didn't know what to expect coming from sports to daytime television and you guys opened up your hearts to me and you opened up your homes to me.

'And it's been so overwhelming with the response that we've had over the past four years, and I have loved this show. And it means the world that you give us an hour of your day, and what you don't realize is we get more from that hour than you really.

'And we sit in front of a live audience who is always, I say during our commercial breaks, are the third co-host of the show. The energy that they bring really makes this show work.

'And we have an amazing staff here from the producers to the staff to the crew that make sure...'
That is when the music began playing and Strahan was forced to wrap things up, saying: 'We love you. We appreciate you. I love you.'

He then hugged his co-host and gave her a kiss as he said: 'Kelly, you are the best. I love you, baby.'

Ripa also had some words for Strahan at the end of the show.
'We couldn't be prouder of you,' said Ripa.

'You have given us so much joy in the morning, from your smile to your sense of humor to your horrible french accent. We really are so, so proud of you. We've achieved so much together and I look forward to watching you every morning and seeing what else you achieve.'

She also presented him with a framed photo of the pair, a photo album and a pair of heels he wore one Halloween on the program which she had bronzed.

'Those are actually your shoes. Nobody rocks a size 16 stiletto better than you,' said Ripa. 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar