Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Pop World Explodes!

The past three days have sent shivers throughout the world of pop music. With big artists like Lady Gaga and Nicole Scherzinger, and newcomers such as Willow Smith, making news with their newest projects, the world could not handle it all. Music videos were shown for the first time, songs were premiered, and album tracklists and release dates were announced. Here is a run down of everything I thought was newsworthy in the music industry.

The biggest news of the week was the fact that Mother Monster, Lady Gaga, announced that she would make her runway debut at the Thierry Muglar fashion show in Paris which took place today, March 2nd. Even though fans were excited at the sight of their idol walking down the catwalk, the biggest news was that Gaga said she would give a preview of "Government Hooker",an upcoming song from her new album, "Born This Way". The fashion show did not disappoint, but the song blew it away. The snippet/preview may have been short, but I can bet that it sent Gaga's little monsters into a whirlwind of happiness. The song is set to a pulsating beat, which makes me believe it will be another dance record for the artist, but it sounds different than anything Gaga has released so far. I get an 80s vibe and I hope this is a piece of the actual song and not just a remix. Gaga has said she would be giving little hints and previews of the album until it is finally released May 23rd, this is just the start. What do you think of "Government Hooker", does it build up the excitement for the album release?



In other Gaga worthy news, the queen premiered the highly anticipated music video for her latest single "Born This Way" this past Monday, February 28th. The video amazed me for its originality and great production. To me, the music video is some of Gaga's best work, right on top with the video for "Bad Romance". The video opens with a two and half minute narration of how Mother Monster gave birth to good and evil. The intro was creative and I found myself drawn into the video from the very beginning. Afterwards, the video gets fairly simple with numerous dance sequence scenes and scenes where the viewer will see Gaga painted as a skeleton/zombie. The video carries a message about the birth of an entirely new race of humans, a race that bares no hate, I find that message very touching. Now I must saw there were moments that shocked me, but when does Lady Gaga not shock, it is just how she is. The video is very different, very dark and colorful at the same time, and just what we have come to expect from the over the top artist. Have you seen the video for "Born This Way" yet? What are you opinions about it?



Up next is one of the youngest artists on the music scene right now: Willow Smith. Yesterday marked the day that Ms. Smith released her second single to her upcoming debut album. "21st Century Girl" differs extremely from "Whip My Hair" in the sense that it is more of a dance/club track, and less of a hip-hop song. I found the track to be very catchy with one listen and it amazed me because I forgot this girl is only eleven years old. I prefer "21st Century Girl" to her debut single because I do not find itself repeating itself too much, I think it is a serious track that the young artist should feel very proud of. The song has a message of self-empowerment, and it is nice to see an eleven year old singing about mature issues, but still giving a "kid-like" performance. Smith's vocals are great and the whole vibe of teh song works for the image that she is striving for. The track, along with its predecessor, are building a lot of anticipation for the artist's album, and I must say I am waiting for it as well. How does "21st Century Girl" live up to the hype?

21st Century Girl by Willow Smith

Last but not least, is another update about the progress of Nicole Scherzinger's first solo album. Today I found out that the former Pussycat Dolls revealed the album title, album UK release date, and album tracklist. The singer's often delayed debut album is officially titled "Killer Love", which I personally like, with a release date in the UK of March 21st. This information proves that the project that the artist has been working hard on will actually be released for fans and critics to hear. Along with the title and release date, Scherzinger unveiled the official cover art,which you can see below, and the fourteen tracks that will appear on the final product. I have been following details about her album for over a year now, and this is the biggest news that has ever been confirmed, I feel excitement running through me. Rumor has it that the singer also confirmed that she has officially quit the Pussycat Dolls, but remember rumors are just rumors. No album release date has been set for her in the states, but you can bet that once it is announced I will share it with all of you. Check out the cover art and tracklist, do you think Scherzinger has a hit on her hands?


1. “Poison”
2. “Killer Love”
3. “Don’t Hold Your Breath”
4. “Right There”
5. “You Will Be Loved”
6. “Wet”
7. “Say Yes”
8. “Club Banger Nation”
9. “Power’s Out” feat. Sting
10. “Desperate”
11. “Everybody”
12. “Heartbeat (Rudi Wells’ Open Heart Remix)” feat. Enrique Iglesias
13. “Casualty”
14. “AmenJena”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar