Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ja Rule Gets More Jail Time

Ja Rule is presently serving time for gun possession charges, but more time has been added to that. On Monday, he was sentenced to 28 months on tax evasion charges. I just wonder why so many rappers always get caught in this web.


Rapper Jeffrey Atkins, also known as Ja Rule, was sentenced Monday to 28 months in prison for failing to file tax returns with the IRS after admitting that he did not file his taxes for five years, the Justice Department said in a news release Monday. The 35-year-old performer from Saddle River, New Jersey, had pleaded guilty to three of five counts before U.S. Magistrate Judge Patty Shwartz, who imposed the sentence in Newark federal court. (CNN)

Prior to receiving his sentence, Rule defended his past financial mistakes.
"I in no way attempted to deceive the government or do anything illegal," he said, minutes before being sentenced in a New Jersey federal court. "I was a young man who made a lot of money -- I'm getting a little choked up -- I didn't know how to deal with these finances, and I didn't have people to guide me, so I made mistakes." (Associated Press)

It is just so funny that on the same day DMX got out of jail, ja rule got more time on his head. They used to be friends before they bought blew up; then became enemies most part of their individual careers. But i guess they should be cool now. There was no real emotional situation with that one; it wasn't/isn't like the 50 cent and ja rule beef. I think it was just X thinking Jarule was jacking his style. They sound pretty much a-like on wax.

Check out what DMX said about his relationship with Ja Rule below-


...It was like, I was sitting in the front and his wife was behind me. And I looked back and I spoke to her. And when I turned around again—actually I was getting up to leave and he was sitting there. So people were already looking at us and knew that I didn’t know he was behind me. It was quiet. So when I turned around and seen him, I could feel all the eyes on me. And I was like ‘Yo watup man’ and gave him a pound and everybody started clapping...



...spoke briefly right there, but later on at the hotel we took a couple of flicks together. We cool, but he’s just not the type of nigga that I would hang with. He never was the type of nigga I would hang with. But we was cool. I’d work with you, and yeah we can go to the studio, but we just two different people.  



I like how X is very direct with how he feels; he has nothing against ja rule any more, but it don't mean they would be hanging out together.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar